Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 9, 2011

Long week

This past week has been a long one for me (Janet). Monday saw work per normal. As a human resources manager, it seems my job is never done. I was happy to escape there around 3:30 (after arriving at 5:30) though I know I could have been there much longer than that.

Tuesday was an exciting day. We toured our first day care center. Hard to believe it is time for us to be doing these steps but with just over 2 months left, off we went. We loved the place: it was bright and colorful and the staff was extremely friendly. The problem was the price...$340/week and that was after the 10% discount they offered!!!! Needless to say, the search continues.

We also had our first child-birthing class that night. We have 7 other couples in our class and the instructors seem very knowledgeable and pleasant. We even saw our first video of an actual birth...which was not as terrifying as we thought it would be. (There is hope yet ;-).)

Wednesday was an emotional day for me. I spent much of it in my office in tears. When I did have the energy to leave, I decorated our break room at work for winter...making it snow and shine!

Thursday brought another long day at work...which brings me to today. I finally have a day off and am looking forward to just enjoying a day to myself. I think a trip to the mall and the grocery store is in store for me. Also I am touring our second day care center, which is $240/week...a drastic improvement!!!!

But this week also brought exciting news!!!! We found out that two of Matt's cousins are expecting!!! Congrats to:

Laura and Eric, expecting Baby Champagne in mid-June 2012
and to:
Erin and Nate, who are expecting Baby Harris #2 in June as well!!!

We couldn't be more excited for both of them!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment